10/25/2006

It's Been A Long Time...

"...I shouldn't have left you,
without a cool blog to step to..."

You Old School Rap fans might recognize this paraphrasing from Erik B & Rakim's "I Know You Got Soul" on the "Paid in Full" album, 1987! (Ah, the 80's.)

Hey Everybody!

Yes indeed it has truly been a long time since my last post. I've been super busy but some recent concerned e-mails from my fellow Sisterlocks Sisters & Bloggers (you know who you are :-) have made it quite clear: that's NO EXCUSE. I should at least be doing a monthly update. Agreed! I feel cared for and chastised at the same time! :-)

I will try to do better.

My Little Old Man
One of the reasons I've been so busy is that my husband and I adopted a seven-year old, special needs Cocker Spaniel named Rolie. After two operations on his ears, he's semi deaf. He takes Thryoid medication every other day and while he's house broken, he's had a few accidents in the house due to illness. My rug will never be the same. Now I work harder than ever because apparently dog food costs money. :-)

But lest you think it's all gloom and doom, let me assure you Rolie is a handsome, sweet and shy dog who loves taking us for walks in the park. My Little Old Man loves apples, bananas and chewing gum. He's clearly not supposed to have the latter, but he's always trying to steal a pack out of my purse.

As any animal lover knows, caring for a young, healthy dog takes time; a special little old guy like Rolie, even more so. But he's so adorable, with the most soft and lush coat of fur I have ever seen. Unfortunately, his hair is way too soft for Brotherlocks.

Speaking of locks, as of this past July mine are now five years old. And I can honestly say I am more happy now than ever that I chose Sisterlocks! Not only because it's the best decision I've ever made about my hair, but because of the community of people I have come to know on and off line.

You ladies are amazing!

Thank you sooooo much to all of you who e-mailed to check up on me and say hello while I've been absent from the blogosphere. I appreciate that more than you know.

I'm also pleased to see that so many people find my blog so useful. All the thank you e-mails have been very uplifting! You're all very welcome!!!!

It's nice to be back and I promise not to be gone so long!

(Note: In the two above photos my locks are freshly washed and unstyled. The dog is freshly groomed.)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your hair is beautiful. I have had my locks for 39 months now however your blog was an inspiration to me when I was making a decision on whether I should get Sisterlocks, so I want to say "THANK YOU!" Check out my blog when you get a free moment and feel free to add it to your list of blogs on your blogsite if you like :)

Take care,
Abena

http://chosenvessel2006.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

.....Don't sweat the technique, cause I ain't no joke! HUGE Eric B. & Rakim fan here. But your hair is beautiful,300 locks suit you just fine! Do you ever get the urge to run a comb through your hair? That's what I'm afraid of.....

Jena Evans said...

Welcome back...

And a big ol' happy belated happy 5th year loc-day...

The best~

Greetings Rolie!

Goodnapps said...

Well I'll be dog gone! Welcome back sweety pie. Your locks continue to be more and more beautiful.

brunsli said...

Awwwwww, Rolie is so cute. He has a little grey on his snout, which gives him a very dignified look!

Welcome back to blogging! Your hair looks great -- some things never change!

Anonymous said...

Welcome, back.. I have missed reading your blog. Your hair is beautiful as always. Hate I missed meeting you in NY.

still waters said...

Hey Lei

Welcome back!!!!! Kept checking your blog and wondered where you were????? Happy Lockaversary !!! and congrats to you and the hubby on rolie!!! he is adorable.

just know you were missed
one love still!!!!

Anonymous said...

im glad your back i would always come check to see if you had updated. your hair looks wonderful

CloudNine said...

I am so glad to see a post from you. Welcome back! I am really new to the blogging world and new to sisterlocks but, I have used your blog for many great sisterlock tips, so glad to see that you are doing well.

~jaiDalon~ said...

Yah!!! We're glad you're back! Do you know that you have one of the most useful sisterlocks blogs out there? Most people who have Sisterlocks the gae of your own do not have pictures from the very beginning of their journey. We do indeed apreciate you updates and you have been missed!

Brenda said...

So glad you're back and healthy - you had us worried! Your new guy is too cute and so good to have you to love him. Even though I've been locked 6 yrs, yours was one of the first blogs that I came across while surfing earlier this year, so it's kinda special. I just know that you've got 4 months of juicy stuff just waiting to bust out!

Detra said...

I understand now...Rollie is way too cute, I can see how he has got all your attention! I didnt think your hair could get anymore beautiful, and yet it has!Thanks for the update! And its true...you were sorely missed!

BlaqKofi said...

Welcome back, girlie. You were missed. And welcome Rolie to the Sisterlocks family! You have lots of aunts...and a great mom & dad..

Anonymous said...

Well it sure is nice to see you are back, as Wendy Williams always says, you are my friend in my head! :-) I kept checking back from time to time. Your hair looks beautiful, and so does your little fella.

mststclair

Creyole said...

Rolie is toooooo cute and so sweet looking, how can you say no to that face.

Ok, I'll be holding you to the once a month blog promise!

Take care!
LaChanda

Cluizel said...

YEAH! :)

I LOVE your hair...and your dog is adorable...

Welcome back!

Ree-C said...

I'm glad your back. You and your locs are looking great. I need to update my blog as well.

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! Welcome back, Leighann.

Natural Kinks said...

Welcome back to you, feels better to know there is someone else out there who fell of the bloggin wagon. Of course you have better reasons than I, with your busy glamorous life of traveling and making the world laugh!!


Blessings

golden_08 said...

Glad to see you're back. And Rolie is adorable.

Sister-in-Locks said...

It has been a long time. I am glad you are back and your family is getting healthier. It wasn't the same without you.

Unknown said...

Yay! You're back. I was hoping to catch up with you sometime. Between reading your blog and Brunsli, I feel like we should have met long ago. Cool,sweet doggy!