6/19/2006

Saturday Night Dinner @ Amy Ruth's

Well, if you've been reading everyone's blog, you've probably already seen most of these pictures from the G.R.I.T.S /Siserlocks trip to NY, but the more the merrier! I don't know when I've last had so much fun.

Now if you ask me how the actual food was, I couldn't really tell you. I was having so much fun, I didn't eat that much. I nibbled at my honey dipped chicken, collard greens and potato salad. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to go back!

Posted by Picasa

It was so wonderful to finally meet women in person who I feel like I already know. For me it started with LaChanda and Karen late Thursday night, Brunsli on Friday and then the group at large on Saturday. From the way we hugged, photographed, laughed, photographed, talked, photographed, hugged, photographed you'd of thought we'd all known each other from way back in the day!

A running theme of the gathering was how Sisterlocks look different on everybody! That's a beautiful thing! There was a healthy amount of lock envy/appreciation going on. I think the most often asked questions were:

1. How long have you had your locks?
2. How long does it take you to retighten them?
3. Do you do them yourself?
4. May I touch your hair?

Major kudos to Lynda who brought a goody bag filled with hair toys! GREAT THINKING!! I am loving my jeweled black cowrie shells!

6 comments:

brunsli said...

Saturday night was such fun!

Spooky -- we were both blogging about the same thing at the same time! Only, my Laugh Factory post disappeared into the ether.

Goodnapps said...

Saturday was sooo much fun! I felt like Miss Celie. Meeting my long lost sisters who I haven't seen in years.

Cee said...

Didn't make dinner at Amy Ruth's but I did get to go to breakfast there on Saturday morning and it was great.

BlaqKofi said...

It is a beautiful thing to see all of that natural black beauty and lock beauty gathered. I'm sure you all had NY on "lock" down!

Maryee said...

I think the Sisterlocks and Locked Sisterhood is right up there with a sorority! In this case, membership is open to ALL sistahs!!!

Loved all of your pics and recap. I could feel the love all the way in Texas

Anonymous said...

"L",

You were breathtaking!

LL