5/10/2006

Lock Stalker Strikes Again

Last week I saw a woman with the longest locks I've ever seen (in person). They hit her MID THIGH!!!! I just had to catch up to her and tell how beautiful they were and ask her how long she's had them: 20 years!!!! (She didn't look any older than late 30s!) I didn't get to touch them, but her hair texture seemed quite soft.Very inspirational.

It really made my day, my week and I daresay my quarter! My only regret was I didn't get a photo! GRRR! It feels a little weird asking complete strangers in New York City if I can take a picture of their hair.

6 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Wow and gosh darn..no photo :(
But nothing like a little pick-me- up which we all need from time to time.

OnyxCherry said...

How did you choose a consultant to install your sisterlocks in the beginning? Did you research them or look at their previous work?There are so many talented consultants in the NYC area I do not know how to decide which one will give me the perfect set of sisterlocks.

Sister-in-Locks said...

That must have been a sight. I had my first chase down. Actually someone chased me down to ask what I had done to my hair.

I am sure she was flattered as I was.

Anonymous said...

The longest locks I have seen are on the female band member of the David Letterman show, her locks are almost to her ankle.

Leighann said...

To her ankle?!? Are you serious???? That's amazing! I may have to tune in to check that out. :-) Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking anonymous is talking about Felicia Collins. If you look her up on Google Images there's a picture of her sitting down with her locs cascading all around her.

The last time I saw her they were to the back of her knee, so if they're to her ankles now...well...God bless her and her strong neck!