3/22/2006

Ladies & Gentlemen... Wali Collins

The photo is a tad blurry but I'd like to introduce comedian extraordinaire, Wali Collins! He is one of my fellow performers on Souled Out Comedy, a weekly show we do every Thursday night at the NY Improv.

I'm featuring Mr. Collins because he's had his hair in traditional locks since 1994!!!! Theoretically they should be down his back, but he keeps cutting them (grrrrr!) as you can see from the extremely close up photo on left.
To be honest he was a little uncomfortable with me taking a photo of the back of his head. "You have a blog about ... [puzzled silence] hair?" It does sound weird when you explain it out loud to people who aren't in the blogosphere or obsessed with natural hair. But since I'm "in the arts" folks are generally more willing to over look eccentric behavior.

It's worth noting that we are both big fans of another locked comic, the incomparable Franklyn Ajaye.

4 comments:

brunsli said...

This might sounds strange, but you and WC kinda look alike in that photo. Maybe it's the comic look...

Tammycat, click on the archives on the side -- LL has it all laid out. I know, 'cuz I was looking too, back in the dau when LL was the only SL'd blogger.

Creyole said...

Leighann..your buddy Wali sounds like me....tell him to keep those scissors away from the hair. His locks are beautiful coils.

scraber.com.ua said...

Всем привет! помогите кто знает... ищу где можно купить ультразвуковая мойка цена, уф лампа для ногтей какая лучше и стерилизатор воздушный гп-80 спу инструкция? я только начала управлять салоном красоты, надо найти оборудование, а я не знаю где это купить)

Olivier Petrov said...

Your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up!!!

Wali Collins Event Booking