1/08/2006

Natural Comics!

I love natural hair as much as I love my Sisterlocks, so it gives my great pleasure to introduce a couple of my natural friends.




Fellow comedian Marina Franklin recently did the big chop and her short natural is quite beautiful and very becoming on her! This picture was taken at her recenty birthday party and I only wish the lighting was better to show how truly cute her hair is. Are locks in her future? I don't know. (I'm not recruiting, honest!) But do I think she'll more than enjoy this stage for a while.





At the Laugh Lounge's Feast of the Three Kings Holiday Party I snagged a photo op with another very funny comic, Grant Cooper. He has the coolest afro in NYC! I've always loved his fro. It has lots of personality and charm, just like him.

And is that me sporting Shirley Temple curls? You bet! I usually finger comb out the results of my Soft Spike Curlers, (see 12/23/05 post). But, a few folks suggested that I trying wearing my "Shirleys" as is. Well, I did and I got tons of compliments! (Thanks Cynthia!) It's not a style I'd do everyday, but it's nice to have another one in the arsenal.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Creyole said...

Leighann, thanks for featuring other naturalists! I too love natural hair as much as SL's!

Those Shirley Temples are hittin and makes you look 10 years younger.

Anonymous said...

Leighann
What size are your sisterlocks

Unknown said...

Hi Leighann--
You've got me getting my credit card out for those Soft Spikes! I've relocated up to the East Coast and I'm hoping to take the Sisterlocks consultant course really soon.
My blog isn't just about my sisterlocks, I talk about whatever is happening with me, but I hope you'll check it out. NYC and DC are where I'm looking to relocate and it would be great to meet some new friends

Renea ...reneahenry.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Leighann!

First, Happy New Year/MLK Day!

Just wanted to let you know that I've enjoyed viewing your simply marvelous hair journey. If and when I decide to get Sisterlocks, can I email you for additional info/positive reinforcement? My email address is v_madison@hotmail.com.

Peace & blessings,

V
"On the Fence" in LI

Maryee said...

I think it's cool when we can add other cool natural friends to our blogs. Thanks for sharing.

Creyole said...

Leighann..hope all is well. I've been patiently waiting and it's been over a month now. Where are you?

Ree-C said...

Hello????? Anybody there?? Just kidding. I look forward to you posting again.