12/28/2005

What? No NY Expo?

At first, I was happy to hear about the Baltimore Natural Hair Care Expo; that was until I realized that I can't go! ARRRRRG! So near and yet so far!

It's been ages since there's been an event like this in New York. New Bein' Enterprises used to host one, but I don't think they've done anything in at least two years. Grumble, grumble, pout, pout.

I guess they figure we don't need it here in NY, but there is nothing like being at an event filled with natural hair-wearing folks. There's a wonderful feeling of comaraderie and family. And of course it's always great to shop with vendors who "get it."

I'll stop here, because now I'm just torturing myself.

6 comments:

Creyole said...

Leighann,
The picture it too cute, reminds me of "Snoopy." Cheer up, at least you have Khamit Kinks to step into when you need a breath of natural air. Compared to Texas you are still well ahead of the game.

Leighann said...

Yea, I know. I'm just being greedy. I guess having Sisterlocks makes me think I can have it ALL. :-)

Leighann

Maryee said...

I was thinking of Snoopy, too! Cute cap pic! Sorry you wont be able to attend the expo.

Naturalist1 said...

I can relate. I wish they had natural hair expos in Chicago.

brunsli said...

I can relate too. I can go days without seeing another natural-haired person. And they don't do the locked glance here in Cali.

Cheer up! You have at least two hats that fit! That's something worth celebrating!

Naturalist1 said...

Even though you look sad, you look cute in that picture.