12/20/2005

Still Curly

Had shows this weekend at Rascals Comedy Club in New Jersey. I love the club, but Jersey is a smoking state. You can still smoke indoors and while I'm on stage cigarette smoke wafts up and attaches itself to my clothes and hair. Oddly enough, I can't really smell it when I'm in the club, but by the time I drive my smoke free car to my smoke free house, the smell is overwhelming. I can't bring myself to go to bed with my hair smelling like an ashtray. No matter what time I get home, it's time for a shower and a shampoo. Aveda Detox, of course.

I washed and curled my hair Thursday night, AND Friday night. I'd of washed it Saturday night too, but I didn't work the club that night. The picture on the right features Sunday night's curls from the Friday night rolling. Not bad.

Without the smoke factor, I usually wash my hair once a week. I love that I can easily wash my hair whenever need to. In my pre-Sisterlocks days it was an ordeal. My twists made hair washing an all day affair. Now, if I have to, I can wash and go (free style/sans curls) in an hour.

Well, to be honest: that's a theoretical hour. Hair aside, I've I gotta pick out clothes, try them on, iron, switch handbags, pick out shoes, or boots.... Yea, I need about two hours. The hair is the easy part now.

5 comments:

Creyole said...

Ooooh, I feel the pain, the last time I was in the company of smokers was this past March in Memphis, TN. That's one good thing I can say about Texas, no smoking in 90% of the city.

Still looking good girl.

brunsli said...

Come to California!! You can't smoke anywhere. It's a very pro-entertainer state.

I love Aveda detox shampoo! I probably found out about it from you.

Maryee said...

Girl, I'm loving the curls!! I feel ya on the smoke situation. I loved living in California with the "Smoke-free" joy as Brunsli shared. Moving back to Texas has been a bummer in some places (ie Waco, Tx) which is part of the 10% that smokes and thinks it cool. That's sooo 70s.

Anywho, thanks for sharing the pretty picture of you and your locks.

Detra said...

Hey Leigann, I too am a non-smoker and the smell of smoke once your in a non-smoke environment is horrible. And ^5 on Aveda detox shampoo, I have just been introduced to it, this week and I LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Leighann, I live in NJ and I hate the smoke too. Which Rascals were you at? I am near the one in Montclair, but didn't see you listed there. Would love to catch your act next time you are in town!

Verlette