11/21/2005

Locks in the Park


On Sunday, my Mom and I took advantage of the temperate weather to visit the park across from the house and take pictures of the Fall foliage. It was a beautiful day. We had such a great time walking, talking and taking pictures that we asked ourselves, "Why don't we do this more often?" Why indeed.

As we were about to make use of my tripod to take a picture with the both of us, a shifty looking man walked by, took notice of us (and our moderately expensive camera equipment) and started to linger. Spidey senses tingling, we were quickly reminded of "why we don't do this more often." Thus, no photo of the Dynamic Duo.

Ahh, to be a native New Yorker. :-)

***********
A few other pix from my nature "photo shoot" before we were "interrupted."
It really is a beautiful park. Thankfully, New York (Queens) isn't all big buildings and concrete.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leighann,
I have been visiting your blog for some time now. Your locks are beautiful and give me hope that my teenage locks will one day get to that stage. Hope you are performing in Florida sometime this upcoming year. I would love to see your show.
Deanna
Sisterlocked 17 months

brunsli said...

Wow! The red in your hair really shows up in the sun - it looks great. I agree with Deessls, you should plan a nationwide tour soon, and hit SF!

Creyole said...

Leighann,
Girl, your hair has really grown!!!! The new photos in the park looks absolutely stunning, I love nature and that camera must be some kind of expensive...everything is so crystal clear.

I can't thank you enough for updating your blog more frequently. Don't think I'm a freak but I carry a pic of your locks to help me though my daily inspiration!

Keep em coming!!!!

Naturally Free Hair Studio (678.467.1867) said...

What a beautiful picture. I love the picture of you in the tree. Your hair is, as always, georgous and the colors of fall are breath-taking.

Naturaly Free