6/04/2006

Wedding Hair....

Went to a wedding last weekend in Hot-lanta (Atlanta, GA). The heat sure makes it hard to keep a hairstyle, but I tried to work it anyway.

I curled my hair the night before on Soft Spike Curlers and wore an updo using a Bobby Stick. I accented with a flowered hair clip from Claire's. Yes, I know the store is really for adolescent girls, but there's some really cute hair stuff in there. The grown up version of Claire's is Icing. Same stuff, less acne.

I think the second picture shows the locks in better detail. I love updos but after a while they begin to give me a bit of headache. It's like my locks don't want to be on lock down. Because I only used the Bobby Stick and didn't sure it up with pins, I found myself tucking in stray locks that were trying to escape. At least once I had to take it down and redo do it all together. Thankfully it's rather easy.

Why did I even bother with an updo? Well, because of the dress. I can't take any credit for it. My Mom (The Catalog Queen) saw it one of her catalogs and thought it would be perfect me. I don't know when I've ever gotten so many compliments on an outfit. If I could find a reason to wear it everyday I would.

12 comments:

brunsli said...

Ooh la la! Look at you!

Your updo is quite cute, but I don't think anyone it Atlanta was looking at your hair.

AFunkyKindaGlow said...

ditto.... I used to have some dresses I nick named "boys follow me"...... that dress fits the criteria

Anonymous said...

Oh, Leighann! You are working that hairstyle and that dress. Thanks for sharing and as always looking so fabulous.

Andrea
SL'd 4 years

Leighann said...

Thanks Ladies! You're right though, the dress did upstage the hair!! :-)

Sister-in-Locks said...

Quite Beautiful. You and your dress. BTW - Where did you get that dress or better yet, Is it new? I am just kidding of course. Don't you just hate those questions?

Ree-C said...

The dress is gorgeous. I feel the same way with updo styles. Sometimes even with ponytails my head will start hurting. You did a great job with that style.

Salkis Re said...

you look regal in that pin-up in black. I wish I didn't cut my hair now:^(

Creyole said...

Nice dress Ms. Matrix!!!! Reminds me of pure class in a matrix kind of way. I love different kinds of clothing and this dress ranks wayyyy up there. Love it!

Bet you didn't have to worry about anyone else wearing your dress. You go girl. Mom and niece are beautiful too...lovely pic.

still waters said...

Wow Lei this is a show stopper!!!

One love Kerry
ps your hair looks good too (:

Avra Tucker said...

Hi,

I've been to your page before and your locks are very pretty. Thanks for the comment :).

Avra

Chi-chi said...

Wow you are doin' it in that dress. Very beautiful.

z said...

This is such a lovely updo, as you can tell I am a fan of various natural hair styles in general. I am looking to discover the many more styles that can be created with SL's, so viewing your blog as well as others is very helpful. I just started my SL journey and i've been admiring your journey for a while now so thank you for sharing your photos, story, etc. because they are so inspiring.